Thursday, September 15, 2016

FAIRY ISLE

**Second post for today**

Hi everyone! I’m back with more Zentangle  inspired art (ZIA). I hope you enjoy! This is another experiment for me. I started by drawing the art using a micron pen.

FairyIsle08_2016LineArt

The photo above is the line art. Yes, I almost forgot to take this photo! I started shading the center flower and remembered to take the photo.

FairyIsle08_2016Graphite

This photo is the piece completely shaded with graphite. I now sprayed it with a workable fixative so I could add color without muddying the graphite.

FairyIsle08_2016

Size: 8x10”; Zentangle Patterns: Printemps, A-dalfa, Flee, Roxi, Pippin, Yincut, Yuma

This is the final product which is colored with Prismacolor color pencils. After coloring Roxi, I added some Twinkling H2O to add sparkle. Roxi reminds me of small seashells and Yuma reminds me of the sea. I called it Fairy Isle because of the “seashells”, the sea, swirling tides (Printemps), the palms (Pippin), flowers and finally the sand (Yincut).  My husband pointed out that the overall design reminded him of a conch shell, so it became Fairy Isle.

Thank you so much for stopping by! Please take a second to let me you were here!

Enjoy creating!

Ellen

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...