Tuesday, August 7, 2012

MY FIRST DT POST!

Hello to all my sweet friends! In July, I hinted (ok maybe not too subtly LOL) that I had a surprise for you. Well this is part of it!  Mynnette Kitchen has kindly chosen me to be on her design team at Technique Tuesday!  I am so excited to be a part of her “crew” and look forward to sharing my cards with you and seeing yours in return!

The technique for August is called Baby Wipe Reinker Pad. You can view the tutorial on the Technique Tuesday blog. And now, here is my card!



To create the background, I used Whispy Bamboo and Fans #3 cube stamp (I think this fan stamp is retired) on the re-inker pad.  The colors are yellow, green and two different browns – all DI re-inkers.  I then stamped the fans again and fussy cut them, layering them on top of a shimmery green cardstock.  I added a small rhinestone and a tiny bow to the bottom of  each fan.  The ribbon is all the same white except I pressed some of the ribbon onto the baby wipe pad to color it.  The base of the card is black topped with more of the pretty shimmery green. I stitched the white panels to the cardstock and attached to the base. I popped up the fans, added some bling and tied a bakers bow to finish it.



I’m sure you will want to see how the rest of the crew was inspired by this technique. Here are their sites:
Technique-Tuesday-button3[3]

Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you check out the Technique Tuesday blog and join us for the fun this month!

hugs,
anewsig_joy_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_
SUPPLIES
SIZE:
5.5x4.25″

anewdiv_joy_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_[2]

2 comments:

Mynn xx said...

Hi, Ellen! LOVE your use of this technique--the panels look AMAZING and I love that it's totally different than the others! Fabulous job, my dear--an amazing start at Technique Tuesday! ;)

Nancy said...

Ellen your card is Absolutely Gorgeous! Love all those elegant details! Beautiful work!!
Nancy xx :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...